GARMENTS WITHOUT GUILT
Sri Lanka manufactures garments with conscience and care, according to self enlightened regulation known as the Garments without Guilt,
– Free of child labour
– Free of forced labour
– Free of discrimination on any grounds
– Free of sweatshop practices.
Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers were the first in the world to inculcate fair labour practices and safe working conditions throughout the manufacturing process. As a result, the “garments without guilt” certification was implemented, under the umbrella of the Joint Apparel Association Forum (JAAF).
Sri Lankan apparel sold under the slogan of ‘garment without guilt’ promotes positive and ethical working conditions among the garment factory workers and educates the global fashion community of the positive steps taken to uplift environment and labour force conditions in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Apparel has championed the cause of sustainable manufacturing for many years. This commitment has seen impressive changes in manufacturing processes, sourcing strategies and product innovation, making Sri Lanka a leading destination for brands that care about the environmental impact of their garments. In a testament to our commitment,
The recent investment in rooftop Solar Panel installations at Sri Lankan manufacture facilities is just the inception of the long-term goal in sustaining the environment and being responsible for the limited environmental resources available to us. We are constantly looking for ways to minimize the negative impact on the environment and invest in technologies to uplift environmental sustainability.
Sri Lanka boasts the world’s first custom built green apparel factory and Asia’s first CarbonNeutral® Certified Factory and a host of LEED Platinum and Gold Certified Manufacturing Plants.
WE ONLY COMPLY, NEVER COMPROMISE
– GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) covering the production, processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, export, import and distribution of all-natural fibers.
– Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production certificates of compliance
– Fair Trade Certification
– Global Security Verification (C-TPAT) issued by Intertek 2010
– Certification of Approval ISO 9001:2015 issued by SLSI
– Certificate of Conformity 2001 – issued by Sri Lanka Apparel Exporters Association
– The HIGG index developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition